Memorial Career Center
- Memorial Career Center
- Search for Jobs Now!
- Life at Memorial
- Pharmacy Residency Program
- Physician Job Opportunities
- View Our Video Profiles
- Employee Testimonials
- Tobacco-Free Campus
Employee Dependent Scholarship Program
The Employee Dependent Scholarship is in partnership with Broward College and is offered to children and legal dependents of the Memorial Healthcare System Employees. These one- time scholarships are awarded in the amount of $2,500 for healthcare majors and $1,500 for non-healthcare majors. Up to 10 Scholarships per year will be awarded.
Who is eligible to apply?
- The Scholarship applicant must be the dependent or legal child under the age of 25 of a Memorial Healthcare System employee.
- The parent or legal guardian of the applicant must be a regularly scheduled, full- or part-time employee in good standing, with two years of continuous service as of the date of the application deadline.
- The student must be enrolled or accepted into Broward College for Fall of the year of the application.
- Students with 2.5 GPA or higher
How do I apply?
- Applications may be picked up from the Human Resources Department at any of our hospital facilities or accessed from the website.
- Students must submit a completed application, including an essay, two letters of recommendation, high school/college transcripts and a letter of acceptance from Broward College.
- All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the Scholarship Committee.
When may I apply?
- Application deadline dates are October 1, February 1, and May 1 of every year.
How will I know if I am selected?
- Letters of acceptance will be mailed following the decision of the Scholarship Committee.
Please answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper.
- Why are you applying for this Scholarship?
- What are your short- and long-term goals?
- What do you know about Memorial Healthcare System?
Please describe in 300 words how this Scholarship will enable you to reach your goals.
Other Required Information:
Please submit your application, your essay, a copy of your high school transcript, your letter of acceptance to Broward College and two letters of recommendation (one must be from an instructor/teacher) to:
Memorial Healthcare System Scholarship Coordinator
7200 Pines Boulevard
Building 72, Room 153
Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
NOTE: Any application submitted with missing information will not be considered. Thorough preparation, neatness and promptness are all considered in the acceptance criteria.
For further information about our Scholarship Programs, please call