Chef Ralph's Yellow Squash Casserole
You will need a medium size pot for cooking, bowl for butter and stuffing mix, a 2-quart casserole or Pyrex dish for baking
3-4 cups sliced yellow squash
1 medium sweet onion, sliced
1/2 cup matchstick or shredded carrots
1 can cream of chicken soup (regular or low fat)
1 cup sour cream (regular or low fat)
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups herb seasoned pepperidge farm stuffing mix
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook squash and onion in a pot with water and desired amount of salt and pepper until tender.
2. Add carrots to the squash and onion, as the squash is about done, to soften texture. Stir all vegetables together in the pot.
3. After cooking, drain all liquid off by emptying into a colander. Place in large mixing bowl after draining.
4. Add sour cream and cream of chicken soup, as well as more seasoning to taste, and mix well. Set aside.
5. Melt the butter in the microwave. Add stuffing mix, and mix well with a fork until all stuffing mix is slightly moist.
6. Spray you baking dish of choice with oil spray. Line the dish with half of the stuffing mix mixture. Pour the squash mixture on top. Then, sprinkle the remaining stuffing mix on the top, to cover the squash.
7. Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes, or until the mixture ï¿½bubblesï¿½ and is heated thoroughly.
8. Serve approximately 8-10, with all your other holiday goodies.