Essential Breast Cancer Information and Support
October 2005 — October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, a time when women are reminded of the importance of their breast health. Knowing your risks, the recommendations for screenings and the treatment options available is vital for addressing breast cancer. Click on any of the articles to your right to learn more about the disease, as well as the services and support programs offered through Memorial Healthcare System.
Also, you're invited to attend a "Purple Tea," a free series of talks presented in a warm, supportive atmosphere and providing information about good health through nutrition, self-examination and medical screenings.
Learning About Breast Cancer Detection and Treatment
- October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month — what every woman needs to know
- Memorial Breast Cancer Center offers multidisciplinary approach to breast cancer
- Memorial provides free mammography for eligible women in Broward and North Miami-Dade Counties
- Memorial Breast Cancer Center is first U.S. site to test Lapatinib as first-line, single therapy for metastatic breast cancer
- Purple tea series
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial online resource: learn more about breast exams, breast cancer and related subjects